Craig Newman’s Promise to All of Tampa’s Neighborhoods
- Our neighborhoods should be safe environments for families to enjoy, with well-lit streets, sidewalks, and curbs.
- Our neighborhoods should no longer suffer the national reputation of having the worst fatality record for pedestrians and cyclist.
- Our neighborhoods should have enhanced landscaping, community parks and public art to reflect each community’s identity.
- Our neighborhoods should be served by transportation options, including enhanced bus service, extended trolley lines and new light rail trains.
- Our neighborhoods deserve increased code enforcement staffing, early learning centers and additional after school care options.
- Our neighborhoods need residential development combining subsidized and market rate housing to increase the availability of low-income housing.
- Our neighborhoods should enjoy closer relationships with law enforcement to foster the increased trust that helps to reduce crime